Friday, January 6, 2012

Omnipresence vs secularization


 Bismillah.

I have been extremely busy since the start of the new year, and will continue to be burdened with office workload until the end of January. So that explains my absence from this space. I apologize to those who have been checking this blog regularly yet got turned down.

A couple of days ago I had been working for 36 hours non-stop, Alhamdulillah ala kulli hal. A part of me doubted myself and to a certain extent regretted, that due to work demands, I have slacked in the "religious" department. It is as though my job has nothing to do with my religion or religion in the general sense of the word. But why should we secularize ourself i.e. separate religious matters (Islam) from our working life. We often hear people lament about a secular world, but it dawned upon me that we are actually guilty of secularizing our faith from our daily worldly duties. When we work for very long hours, it is He who makes it possible, it is He who gives the strength, it is He who allows and enables us to finish our project/task/assignment on time. He is with us all the while. He is present with us and He is omni-present. So I think it's wrong to say that He only exists whenever we do something "religious", else we are distant from Him. Surely, in each and every circumstances, He is near and is ever present. 
_________________________________
Purchase the above artpiece here:
Art Credit: Sumbal Qureshi in Digital Arts, Grafix, Typography

No comments:

Post a Comment